With the advancement in technology, dental care has also made much improvement. Gone are the days when people with missing teeth had to rely on dentures and bridges. Nowadays, they can reap numerous benefits by opting for dental implants. For someone not aware of the term yet, it is basically the method through which tooth roots are replaced. They act as a foundation for removable or fixed replacement teeth which matches your natural teeth.
5 Reasons To Opt For Dental Implants
- Appearance – Approach an experienced dental surgeon offering dental implants and you can stay assured that it will feel and look like your own teeth. They are designed in such a way so that they can fuse with the bone and become permanent.
- Speech – There are higher chances for your teeth to slip inside the mouth if you opt for poor-fitting dentures. As a result, you might start slurring or mumbling your words. Opt for dental implants and you can speak without worrying that the teeth might slip.
- Comfort – One of the primary disadvantages of removable dentures is discomfort. Dental implants become a part of your mouth which helps in improving comfort.
- Eating – Though you can opt for sliding dentures as well, chewing your food might become difficult. Dental implants, on the other hand, work like natural teeth so you can enjoy your favourite food without any pain.
- Oral Health – People opting for tooth-supported bridges might have to reduce other teeth. Teeth alteration is not required to support dental implants. Your oral health improves as your teeth remain intact.
Who Can Opt For Dental Implants?
If you are planning to undergo a routine oral surgery or dental extraction, it means you are healthy enough to consider a dental implant. Your bones and gums should be capable of embracing the implant. Regular dental visits are also necessary for good oral hygiene. If you are suffering from some chronic disorder, have heart diseases or diabetes, a heavy smoker or undergoing radiation therapy, talk with your dentist first.
What Is Involved?
Dentists develop an individualised treatment plan as it is considered to be the first step involved. The patient’s specific needs are addressed by a team of experienced and trained dentists. They coordinate and suggest which implant option will work the best for you. The tooth root implant is made using a small titanium post which is placed inside the missing tooth socket. The jawbone starts growing around the implanted metal post after it heals and securely anchors in the jaw. Though the healing process generally takes six to twelve weeks, it might differ depending on the experience of the dentist conducting the implant.
Since your basic knowledge about dental implant has enhanced, it’s time you start looking for an orthodontic and implant centre offering the treatment.